Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Are BFRO expeditions a money-making scheme?

Below is a post I published on BFRO's discussion board. I posted it twice, and each time it was deleted by an administrator within a minute or less. Then they deleted my account and barred me from posting! Are they trying to hide something?

Here's the post:

"I've noticed the BFRO charges people $300 to attend one of their expeditions. First off, why is it so expensive? Attendees are required to provide their own camping equipment, transportation, and food. The $300 is supposedly for overhead costs, but at $300 a person and 20-40 people are attending, that's $6,000-$12,000! They'd have to be extremely inefficient to have outrageous overhead for each "expedition."

And second, the BFRO bills itself as a research organization, but no one can seriously claim that taking 30-40 people out into the woods for a weekend constitutes a scientific investigation.
So, what's really going on? Is this a money-making scheme?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you're right because I posed this question straight up to a bfro expedition top guy and received this as a response after him fumbling for words he says " well, umm, you know I have to put in a lot of hours and it takes a lot of my time." seriously, thats your answer I thought. It is a shame people are so stupid!